Our Latest Posts
- IIASA Science Diplomacy Fellowship 2023
- Call for participation: Diplomatie Scientifique Francophone
- Call for Participation: AAAS-TWAS Course on Science Diplomacy
- Conference recording available “Science Diplomacy: Between scientific collaboration and realpolitik”
- WSF 2022: “Science and Social Justice, to inspire a greater commitment to global collaboration and solidarity”
- Urban Diplomacy: Cities as Innovators & Partners in Diplomacy? – an event review
- Update from the Alliance – November 2022
- Reflections from InsSciDE and Chairing the EU Science Diplomacy Alliance
- Two new members join the Alliance: Politecnico di Milano and Institut SYMLOG de France
What is Science Diplomacy?
Science diplomacy is broadly understood as a series of practices that stand at the intersection of the two fields. These practices can help to address global challenges, promote understanding, and increase influence and prosperity. Science diplomacy has been divided into three phenomena: science for diplomacy – the use of science to advance diplomatic objectives; diplomacy for science – the use of diplomatic action to further scientific and technological progress; and science in diplomacy – the direct involvement of science or scientific actors in diplomatic processes.
Calendar of Events
2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Our member Tim Flink participated in the talks. Source of the information: https://hub.inesc.pt/from-rhetoric-to-reality-embedding-international-strategy-in-the-dna-of-research-organisations/ “Science is global”, as the time-honoured phrase insists – but with a [...]
Marie Curie Alumni Association (MCAA) will be chairing the European Science Diplomacy Alliance from January 2023 through June 2023. MCAA is organizing its annual flagship [...]
24/02/2023 - 25/02/2023
The Annual Conference of the Marie Curie Alumni Association (Member of the EU Science Diplomacy Alliance and Chair during the first half of 2023) will [...]
Events on 30/01/2023
Events on 23/02/2023
Events on 24/02/2023
Events on 25/02/2023
- 08/05/2023 - 12/05/2023
- 19/06/2023 - 23/06/2023
- 26/06/2023 - 30/06/2023
Check out our resources!
Learn about the free online course on European science diplomacy, take advantage of ready-to-use training materials and browse a collection of relevant literature.