Our Latest Posts
- EUTOPIA Science Diplomacy Seminar: Science IN Diplomacy – Exploring Evidence-Based Policy Making
- New Policy Brief on Strengthening Science Diplomacy through Horizon Europe
- Norway-EU Science Diplomacy Network field trip to Svalbard and Tromsø
- EU Science Diplomacy Alliance holds its Sixth General Assembly at the First European Science Diplomacy Conference
- EUTOPIA Online Seminar on Science Diplomacy and a Changing World Order
- Call for Experts: European Science Diplomacy in the Making
- 1st European Science Diplomacy Conference in Madrid: Open for Registration
- Call for Book Contributions on the Historical Entanglement of Science, Technology and Diplomacy
- New research on the relevance of informal bottom-up science diplomacy networks
What is Science Diplomacy?
Science diplomacy is broadly understood as a series of practices that stand at the intersection of the two fields. These practices can help to address global challenges, promote understanding, and increase influence and prosperity. Science diplomacy has been divided into three phenomena: science for diplomacy – the use of science to advance diplomatic objectives; diplomacy for science – the use of diplomatic action to further scientific and technological progress; and science in diplomacy – the direct involvement of science or scientific actors in diplomatic processes.
Calendar of Events
- 14/03/2024 - 16/03/2024
- 10/06/2024 - 14/06/2024
- 17/06/2024 - 21/06/2024
- 01/07/2024 - 05/07/2024
Check out our resources!
Learn about the free online course on European science diplomacy, take advantage of ready-to-use training materials and browse a collection of relevant literature.