Our Latest Posts
- IIASA calling for endorsement of the Vienna Statement on Science Diplomacy
- Attending the GESDA Science Diplomacy Week Immersion Program
- The Alliance welcomes three new members
- Watch online: IIASA 50th Anniversary Science Diplomacy Event
- Spotlight on science diplomacy in MCAA’s June newsletter
- SciTech DiploHub Fellowship Program 2022-2023
- InsSciDE’s concluding event marks launch of landmark science diplomacy book
- Knowledge Power Europe
- Dealing with Russia: Learning from the Norway-EU Science Diplomacy Network
What is Science Diplomacy?
Science diplomacy is broadly understood as a series of practices that stand at the intersection of the two fields. These practices can help to address global challenges, promote understanding, and increase influence and prosperity. Science diplomacy has been divided into three phenomena: science for diplomacy – the use of science to advance diplomatic objectives; diplomacy for science – the use of diplomatic action to further scientific and technological progress; and science in diplomacy – the direct involvement of science or scientific actors in diplomatic processes.
Calendar of Events
- ARENDALSUKA - EU-Norway Science Diplomacy Networking
- 15/08/2022 - 19/08/2022
- UT Austin Portugal Program Annual Conference: International S&T Partnerships: Platform for Science Diplomacy
- Open World Conference 2022
- 10/11/2022 - 11/11/2022
- World Science Forum 2022 (Cape Town)
- 06/12/2022 - 09/12/2022
Check out our resources!
Learn about the free online course on European science diplomacy, take advantage of ready-to-use training materials and browse a collection of relevant literature.