The European Union Science Diplomacy Alliance
The EU Science Diplomacy Alliance is a collaborative initiative launched by the Horizon 2020 science diplomacy projects S4D4C, InsSciDE and EL-CSID to sustain and grow the networks, impact and momentum consolidated by the three projects. The activities of the Alliance will aim to further develop, maintain, and organise joint research projects, capacity building and training activities (such as open online courses, summer schools, trainings, etc.) on the topic of science diplomacy.
What is Science Diplomacy?
Science diplomacy is broadly understood as a series of practices that stand at the intersection of the two fields. These practices can help to address global challenges, promote understanding, and increase influence and prosperity. Science diplomacy has been divided into three phenomena: science for diplomacy – the use of science to advance diplomatic objectives; diplomacy for science – the use of diplomatic action to further scientific and technological progress; and science in diplomacy – the direct involvement of science or scientific actors in diplomatic processes.
Have a look at our recent posts!
To stay up to date visit the "News" webpage with all the new articles and posts we recently published about science diplomacy and related topics.
- InsSciDE project gets extended to June 2022!
- WSDS21 Student Takes: ITER – a science diplomacy success or failure?
- Support to the Urgent appeal to European Governments and EU Institutions: Take Action for Afghanistan’s scholars, researchers, and civil society actors
- Presentation of the EU Science Diplomacy Alliance at INGSA 2021 available
- EU Science Diplomacy Alliance praised as an effective measure for sustaining project results