Our Latest Posts
- EUTOPIA Online Seminar on Science Diplomacy and a Changing World Order
- Call for Experts: European Science Diplomacy in the Making
- 1st European Science Diplomacy Conference in Madrid: Open for Registration
- Call for Book Contributions on the Historical Entanglement of Science, Technology and Diplomacy
- New research on the relevance of informal bottom-up science diplomacy networks
- New Webpage by the European Commission on Science Diplomacy
- Regional Workshop on Science Diplomacy for the Arab Region (Deadline extended 08/21)
- EU Science Diplomacy is high on the Agenda of the Spanish Presidency
- New Book on “Science Diplomacy – Foundations and Practices” published
What is Science Diplomacy?
Science diplomacy is broadly understood as a series of practices that stand at the intersection of the two fields. These practices can help to address global challenges, promote understanding, and increase influence and prosperity. Science diplomacy has been divided into three phenomena: science for diplomacy – the use of science to advance diplomatic objectives; diplomacy for science – the use of diplomatic action to further scientific and technological progress; and science in diplomacy – the direct involvement of science or scientific actors in diplomatic processes.
Check out our resources!
Learn about the free online course on European science diplomacy, take advantage of ready-to-use training materials and browse a collection of relevant literature.