As featured already in the S4D4C stakeholder voice about a year ago (see https://www.s4d4c.eu/stakeholders-voices-5-a-conversation-with-the-central-european-initiative), science diplomacy is a priority for the Central European Initiative (CEI). In their CEI Plan of Action 2021-2023, an objective to support science diplomacy is included.
It might be interesting for stakeholders in the region, that the CEI Cooperation Fund Call for Proposals is open for applications:
- 1 September 2021, 11:59 p.m. CEST: for activities to be implemented in the first semester of 2022
- 10 February 2022, 11:59 p.m. CET: for activities to be implemented in the second semester of 2022
Cooperation Activities are innovative actions favouring mobility and networking activities (e.g. conferences, seminars, workshops, and training courses). They are to be in line with the CEI Plan of Action 2021-2023 and meet the criteria outlined in the Call for Proposals.
- Public/private entities registered in a CEI Member State and international/regional organisations
- Focus on capacity building by transferring and sharing know-how, in particular from EU CEI Member States to non-EU CEI Member States.
- Participation of at least six CEI Member States per proposal
You might also be interested in the article published about “A preliminary study of science diplomacy networks in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe” by Simone Arnaldi, Alessandro Lombardo and Angela Tessarolo: read here.