Our Latest Posts
- IIASA Science Diplomacy Fellowship 2023
- Call for participation: Diplomatie Scientifique Francophone
- Call for Participation: AAAS-TWAS Course on Science Diplomacy
- Conference recording available “Science Diplomacy: Between scientific collaboration and realpolitik”
- WSF 2022: “Science and Social Justice, to inspire a greater commitment to global collaboration and solidarity”
- Urban Diplomacy: Cities as Innovators & Partners in Diplomacy? – an event review
- Update from the Alliance – November 2022
- Reflections from InsSciDE and Chairing the EU Science Diplomacy Alliance
- Two new members join the Alliance: Politecnico di Milano and Institut SYMLOG de France
What is Science Diplomacy?
Science diplomacy is broadly understood as a series of practices that stand at the intersection of the two fields. These practices can help to address global challenges, promote understanding, and increase influence and prosperity. Science diplomacy has been divided into three phenomena: science for diplomacy – the use of science to advance diplomatic objectives; diplomacy for science – the use of diplomatic action to further scientific and technological progress; and science in diplomacy – the direct involvement of science or scientific actors in diplomatic processes.
Calendar of Events
08/05/2023 - 12/05/2023
The second edition of the Science Diplomacy Week Immersion Program is to be held from 8-12 May 2023 in Geneva. Initiated by GESDA and organized in partnership [...]
Events on 08/05/2023
Events on 09/05/2023
Events on 10/05/2023
Events on 11/05/2023
Events on 12/05/2023
- 08/05/2023 - 12/05/2023
- 19/06/2023 - 23/06/2023
- 26/06/2023 - 30/06/2023
Check out our resources!
Learn about the free online course on European science diplomacy, take advantage of ready-to-use training materials and browse a collection of relevant literature.